Founder | Executive Coach
First and foremost I am a lover of life! An explorer at heart, I am fascinated by the human landscape. As a coach, trainer, or facilitator my work focuses on activating and empowering human potential through reintegrating the body-mind connection. I work with innovators, leaders, and organizations to optimize performance and enrich the living experience.
I love creating learning environments that foster the process of self-discovery. We all have hidden skills and capacities that can be cultivated through practice. I love being witness to that moment when a person gains access to abilities they never knew they had.
My passion flows from a desire to serve. It’s an honor to offer support through the adventure of living. To witness people tap into the strength of their body and own the power of their story is a gift to me. I believe the greatest available resource on earth rests in the space between the head and the heart. When the body and mind are in alignment with a desired outcome the magic of creativity can unfold.
The way we achieve alignment may vary, but a commitment to practice is essential. “We become what we practice.” Said another way, our practices build the mindset necessary to achieve a desired result.
My goal in working with people is to help them determine how they would like to change or grow, then identify the practices and path of learning to make it possible.
The physical facts of our bodies, the structures of cells, organs, muscles, blood, bones, and neurotransmitters are all working together to maintain the balance of our biological functions- our metabolism converting food, water and oxygen into energy, tissues, and waste. I learned to really appreciate this dynamic system studying Nutritional Science and Chemistry at the University of Arizona.
Philosophy is the truths and beliefs we live by. Our ways of seeing and being are determined by the philosophies we carry in body and mind (I like to use the word Bodymind). Our movements and attention all guided by how we perceive ourselves, the people in our lives, and the environment we move through. Our philosophies inform the development of our nervous system, shape our bodies, impact cellular production, and influence gene expression. I see the physical, and philosophical, intertwined in every action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1994 – 1999
University Of Arizona
B.S. Nutritional Science and Bio-chemistry
• Gained a deep appreciation for anatomy, physiology, and the role food plays in our bodies.
2000 – 2004
Instructor and Fitness Coach
• This experience inspired my lifelong commitment to training and coaching, along with a desire to share a more balanced holistic perspective than what was being offered at the big box gyms.
2004 – 2007
• We served busy professionals and executives with high stress jobs. I realized the mental, emotional, and physical demands my clients faced required comparable training and support. Like any athlete trains for their sport, we train for our life.
2008 – 2020
Heroics Training Systems
Co-Founder and Professional Personal Trainer
• Serving people on their heroic journey through life for more than a decade! We served both individuals and groups with customized exercise and health plans.
2019 – Present
The Anxiety Experts
Co-Founder and Wellness Coach
• It is a joy to witness people discover the genius beneath anxiety. Converting signals of anxiety into useful information.
'I see each individual as one part physical, two parts philosophical, and a touch of mystery.'
My love of the physical world started with sports, dance, and playing in the woods. My interest in philosophical questions were inspired by science, curiosity, and wonder. A playful relationship with life is at the core of my philosophy, along with a commitment to serve the wellbeing of others. I believe everyone is on the epic adventure of a lifetime and a healthy, resilient, well integrated body-mind is a true asset on the journey.
The natural world, and our place in it, is a mystery that continues to inspire me daily. It serves as the background to my practice.
I see every person as a holistic relationship between body-mind, spirit, and story. In Coaching or Training, my services center around this integrated relationship. Over the past two decades I have had the honor of serving people from all walks of life, and each of them living a unique experience with unique needs.
It starts with listening. Together we define what success means, then we identify the practices and exercises necessary to move towards that desired outcome.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
NASM Certified Personal Trainer 2003
• The National Academy of Sports Medicine NASM) certifications are the most sought after in the personal trainer industry, as its systems and methodologies represent the “gold standard” in fitness.
CHEK Practitioner Program Certification
• Corrective Exercise and Holistic Kinesiology Certification (CHEK). This program focused on healthy posture, corrective exercise and balancing the Autonomic Nervous System.
Strozzi Institute – Leadership in Action Training
• Strozzi Institute is the premier provider of embodied leadership training, somatic coaching certification and transformative solutions for teams and organizations. Their mission is to produce leaders and organizations that embody pragmatic wisdom, skillful action, and grounded compassion; who can use conflict as a generative force.
Newfield Certified Coach
• Newfield’s approach is grounded in the study of ontology, the branch of philosophy dealing with "being" in general and its properties. This ontological approach to learning explores windows into who you are, and avenues you can shift to achieve your goals.
• Functional Range Release (FRC)® Certification Seminars offer advanced training in all aspects of the system including its utilization for: mobility training, articular health & maintenance, joint strengthening, and rehabilitation.